Fire service issue warning after kitchen chimney blaze in Prickwillow
- Credit: Archant
A warning has been issued after a chimney fire at Mile End Farm in Prickwillow.
One crew from Littleport was called to the scene at 8.18pm yesterday to find a chimney on fire in the kitchen of a house.
They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 9.50pm.
A Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools