Fire service issue warning after kitchen chimney blaze in Prickwillow
- Credit: Archant
A warning has been issued after a chimney fire at Mile End Farm in Prickwillow.
One crew from Littleport was called to the scene at 8.18pm yesterday to find a chimney on fire in the kitchen of a house.
They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 9.50pm.
A Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
The cause of the fire was accidental.