Fire crew tackle a tractor fire in Wicken and a caravan torched by arsonists near Little Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Fire crew tackled two fires in the district when a tractor accidentally caught light in Wicken and arsonists torched a caravan in Little Thetford.
The tractor fire was on Wednesday 17 at 12.22pm.
The south roaming fire engine and one crew from Newmarket were called to the fire on Cross Green in Wicken.
Firefighters arrived to find a tractor on fire. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 2.15pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
The caravan fire in Little Thetford was on Tuesday 16 at 7.38pm.
One crew from Cottenham and one crew from Soham were called to the fire on the A10.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Firefighters arrived to find a caravan well alight and extinguished it using hose reels.
They returned to their stations by 9.15pm.
The cause of the fire was deliberate.
• Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.