Fire crew tackle a tractor fire in Wicken and a caravan torched by arsonists near Little Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Fire crew tackled two fires in the district when a tractor accidentally caught light in Wicken and arsonists torched a caravan in Little Thetford.
The tractor fire was on Wednesday 17 at 12.22pm.
The south roaming fire engine and one crew from Newmarket were called to the fire on Cross Green in Wicken.
Firefighters arrived to find a tractor on fire. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 2.15pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
The caravan fire in Little Thetford was on Tuesday 16 at 7.38pm.
One crew from Cottenham and one crew from Soham were called to the fire on the A10.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 4 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 8 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 10 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
Firefighters arrived to find a caravan well alight and extinguished it using hose reels.
They returned to their stations by 9.15pm.
The cause of the fire was deliberate.
• Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.