Firefighters tackle blaze in first floor flat in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to Walsingham Way, Ely, today to tackle a blaze that had broken out in a first floor flat.
A fire service spokesman said: “At 8.48am, two crews from Ely were called to a flat fire on Walsingham Way, Ely.
“Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the first floor flat.”
The spokesman added:” Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a C02 extinguisher and a jet to extinguish the fire, and used positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke.”
The crews returned to their station by 10.15am.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks