Fire Crews Tackle Fearsome Blaze In Littleport
FIRE crews from across the district were called to tackle a fearsome blaze in Littleport on Saturday afternoon (August1). Four crews responded to reports of a shed fire in Croft Park Road at around 12.30pm which had spread to a number of near-by buildings
FIRE crews from across the district were called to tackle a fearsome blaze in Littleport on Saturday afternoon (August1).
Four crews responded to reports of a shed fire in Croft Park Road at around 12.30pm which had spread to a number of near-by buildings including a garage and three neighbouring houses.
The blaze, which sent huge plumes of smoke billowing into the sky, was believed to be accidental with an electrical fault the most likely cause, according to fire-fighters. There were no reports of any injuries.
Littleport crew manager Maurice O'Kane, said: "As this was most likely an electrical fault which started the fire it could have happened at any time. Had the fire happened at night, and had the occupiers not had a smoke alarm, it could have had extremely tragic circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
"I would urge anyone who does not have a smoke alarm to get one fitted. The fire service offers a free home fire safety check service where we will come and look at fire risks in your home and fit smoke alarms for free if you do not have them. All you need to do is contact your local fire station or ring 01480 444666. Alternatively you can request a visit through our website.
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos