Fire crews rescue Roxy the Jack Russell who was stuck in a Littleport rabbit hole for 45 minutes
- Credit: Archant
A small female dog that had been stuck in a rabbit hole in Littleport for 45 minutes had to be rescued on Saturday.
Roxy, a Jack Russell cross, who had got stuck down a hole on Hawkins Drove, was saved at around 11.38am by a fire crew from Ely.
Watch Commander Wayne Pringle said: “When we arrived all I could see was the top of her head.
“She was yelping and trying to pull herself out of the hole by biting on some roots but they kept snapping.
“The owner had tried to get her out herself but because the dog was about four foot down the hole, the owner wasn’t able to reach her.
“I’ve got quite long arms so I could just reach her so I started digging the soil out with my hands until she came out.”
The fire crew returned to their station by 12.27pm.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Petition launched to save village pub
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told