Fire crews rescue Roxy the Jack Russell who was stuck in a Littleport rabbit hole for 45 minutes
- Credit: Archant
A small female dog that had been stuck in a rabbit hole in Littleport for 45 minutes had to be rescued on Saturday.
Roxy, a Jack Russell cross, who had got stuck down a hole on Hawkins Drove, was saved at around 11.38am by a fire crew from Ely.
Watch Commander Wayne Pringle said: “When we arrived all I could see was the top of her head.
“She was yelping and trying to pull herself out of the hole by biting on some roots but they kept snapping.
“The owner had tried to get her out herself but because the dog was about four foot down the hole, the owner wasn’t able to reach her.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve got quite long arms so I could just reach her so I started digging the soil out with my hands until she came out.”
The fire crew returned to their station by 12.27pm.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning