Fire crews issue warning after chimney fire in Branch Bank, Prickwillow
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews issued a warning after they were called to a chimney fire in Branch Bank, Prickwillow on Christmas Eve.
Firefighters from Soham and Sutton arrived to find a fire in the chimney of a house at around 7.39pm. They extinguished it using a hose reel.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year.
“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
The crews returned to their stations by 9.30pm.