Fire crew called to chimney fire at Stretham

Fire engine

Fire engine - Credit: Archant

A FIRE crew from Ely was called to a chimney fire in Top Street at Stretham on Monday evening.

Firefighters used chimney rods and small gear to extinguish the fire.

Firefighters, who were called out at 9.35pm and were back to their station just after midnight, used chimney rods and small gear to extinguish the fire.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus