Fire crew called to chimney fire at Stretham
PUBLISHED: 12:17 15 May 2013 | UPDATED: 12:17 15 May 2013
A FIRE crew from Ely was called to a chimney fire in Top Street at Stretham on Monday evening.
Firefighters used chimney rods and small gear to extinguish the fire.
Firefighters, who were called out at 9.35pm and were back to their station just after midnight, used chimney rods and small gear to extinguish the fire.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.