Fire crew called to chimney fire at Stretham

PUBLISHED: 12:17 15 May 2013 | UPDATED: 12:17 15 May 2013

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

A FIRE crew from Ely was called to a chimney fire in Top Street at Stretham on Monday evening.

Firefighters used chimney rods and small gear to extinguish the fire.

Firefighters, who were called out at 9.35pm and were back to their station just after midnight, used chimney rods and small gear to extinguish the fire.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ely Standard