Fire at Amey Cespa industrial site in Waterbeach
- Credit: Archant
Crews tackled a fire at the Amey Cespa industrial site in Waterbeach in the early hours of this morning.
At 3.30am, crews from Cambridge and Cottenham were called to a fire in the open at Amey industrial site, Ely Road, Waterbeach.
A small fire had broken out involving landfill measuring about 15m by 15m. Access was difficult for crews, but they dealt with the incident using a water shuttle and hose reel.
The incident was handed over to on-site management to monitor the situation.
Crews returned to their stations by 5.55am.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment