Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- Credit: Archant
A fire at a stables building spread to a nearby garage, house and hedges in East Cambridgeshire.
Crews were called to a fire on West End in Haddenham at 3:52pm on Monday (July 26).
On arrival, they found a fire involving a building used as stables, which was spreading to a nearby garage, a property and hedges.
More than 30 firefighters, including crews from Ely, Cottenham, Cambridge, Chatteris, Huntingdon, Soham and Ramsey attended the incident.
They extinguished the fire using jets and hose reels and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to their stations by 7:45pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 6 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 7 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 10 Military teenager to star on national podcast