Fine and Penalty Points For Woman Who Admitted Careless Driving In Tesco Car Park
AN epilepsy sufferer who collided with a vehicle in the Tesco car park in Ely has admitted careless driving. Catherine Spinks, 26, had no insurance cover when she damaged a Mazda vehicle, and has also admitted driving without a licence. The accident happe
AN epilepsy sufferer who collided with a vehicle in the Tesco car park in Ely has admitted careless driving.
Catherine Spinks, 26, had no insurance cover when she damaged a Mazda vehicle, and has also admitted driving without a licence.
The accident happened around 5.45pm on September 1 last year, Spinks was driving a Ford Mondeo when she pulled forward into a parking space and struck the other car, prosecutor Penny Cannon told city magistrates.
Spinks said: "I do take full responsibility for my actions. My licence had expired because I only get my licence for 18 months at a time, because of my epilepsy. I thought I was covered by a friend's insurance."
Spinks was fined �100, six points were endorsed on her licence, and she must pay �35 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021