Film star Himesh Patel brings Hollywood sparkle to Ely’s riverside
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire born actor Himesh Patel visited Ely Cinema for an exclusive Q&A screening of the hit Danny Boyle film Yesterday.
The 28-year-old was keen to show his support for the independent cinema and to meet audience members at the Babylon ARTS' event last Wednesday (September 11).
The cinema audience were treated to insider information about how Himesh had prepared for his role as Jack Malik - the only person who could remember and play The Beatles songs.
Himesh also shared how he had been given advice by director Danny Boyle and actors such as Sarah Lancashire.
Claire Somerville, chief executive Babylon Arts, was delighted with how the event went.
She said: "There was such a great atmosphere. The audience were brimming with questions for Himesh.
"He was really candid in his answers and I think everyone enjoyed getting some insider information about being directed by Danny Boyle and learning all those Beatles songs."
- 1 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 2 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 3 Family banned from turning garage into dining room
- 4 Surgery’s renovation project takes next step forward
- 5 Cricket club's bid to be 'loud and proud' thanks to new ground
- 6 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 7 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Alisa, 17, on how refillable candle business went viral in just five months
- 10 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
The evening helped raise additional funds for the Ely Cinema campaign which Himesh has been supporting through making a short film to help raise awareness. Since launching the campaign in April, Babylon ARTS have raised more than £11,000 of the £17,000 target.
For more information on the fundraising contact email@example.com