Film Showing at Ely tearoom
ELY Cinema has reinvented itself again. Following the closure of The Maltings and a successful silent film night at the Lighthouse Centre in June, the big screen is on tour once more – and this time it s heading outdoors to the beautiful walled garden of
ELY Cinema has reinvented itself again. Following the closure of The Maltings and a successful silent film night at the Lighthouse Centre in June, the big screen is on tour once more - and this time it's heading outdoors to the beautiful walled garden of Peacocks Tearoom on Waterside, Ely.
Two feelgood blockbusters - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Mamma Mia! will be shown at the end of August in the award-winning tearoom location, owned by George Peacock and Rachel Lemkov.
Caroline Cawley, marketing manager at said: "With our home at The Maltings closed for repairs, ADeC has been desperately looking for alternatives to keep local film-goers happy. We've managed to source a mobile 35mm projector at the end of August and Ely Tool Hire has stepped in as main sponsors of our event with additional support from the Ely Standard.
The garden is perfect for outdoor cinema, being very sheltered, with only limited seating tickets are selling fast. We're so grateful to George and Rachel who are letting the cinema take over their gardens for the weekend."
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 8.30pm and the film will start when darkness falls.
Tickets priced £8, are available ADeC box office, Babylon, Waterside, Ely, open Monday to Friday 10am-4pm, by telephone on 01353 616991, and from Burrows Bookshop, High Street Passage, Ely and online at www.adec.org.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 3 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
nFor those who don't want to stay up late, ADeC has also organised two indoor matinee screenings at the Lighthouse Auditorium, Chapel Street, Ely.
Thursday August 28 - Indiana Jones at 3pm (12A)
Monday September 1 - Mamma Mia! at 2pm (PG).
n Outdoor performances at Peacock's Tearoom: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Friday August 29.
n Mamma Mia, Saturday August 30.