‘Intricately’ sells for 1,700,000 guineas at Tattersalls’ December Mare sale
- Credit: Archant
The Tattersalls December Mare sale certainly got off to a strong start in Newmarket, with group one winning filly ‘Intricately’ selling for a whopping 1,700,000 guineas.
The opening day saw 193 lots sell for 15,474,700 guineas, with ‘Intricately’ the star attraction.
Those who tried to secure the three-year-old filly included buyers from Australia, Japan, South Africa and the USA, but it was John and Jake Warren who secured the former Joseph O’Brien trained filly.
“She was the star of the show,” said. “We rated her highly and she is an absolutely beautiful group one-winning two-year-old. She also comes from a fantastic female family and we felt she was faultless in every way.
“She will be a wonderful foundation broodmare for a client who is getting started with a bloodstock interest and looking to build a band of high class horses.
You may also want to watch:
“She will be coming to Highclere and will be knocking on a number of doors regarding nominations.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse