Fijal House in Ely shortlisted in regional architecture awards
- Credit: Archant
Fijal House in Ely has been shortlisted in an architecture awards ceremony.
The building is among 19 shortlisted in The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Regional Awards.
Louise Todd, RIBA East director, said: “From the original 50 entries, the jury deliberated long and hard to decide which projects should move forward to the next stage.
“That 19 projects should make it through is testament to the inspiring architecture that the East of England offers.
“Eight of the projects involved practices based in our region – this demonstrates the wealth of knowledge and talent that exists locally to work with clients to create remarkable buildings, both new build and restoration or re-use.
You may also want to watch:
“Well done to all the practices and clients involved in getting this far – I wish you all the best for the next stage of judging.”
All shortlisted buildings will be assessed by a regional jury during April, with the winning buildings announced at the RIBA East Awards celebration dinner on Thursday May 24.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Regional Award winners will then go on to be considered for a RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence.