Fijal House in Ely shortlisted in regional architecture awards
- Credit: Archant
Fijal House in Ely has been shortlisted in an architecture awards ceremony.
The building is among 19 shortlisted in The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Regional Awards.
Louise Todd, RIBA East director, said: “From the original 50 entries, the jury deliberated long and hard to decide which projects should move forward to the next stage.
“That 19 projects should make it through is testament to the inspiring architecture that the East of England offers.
“Eight of the projects involved practices based in our region – this demonstrates the wealth of knowledge and talent that exists locally to work with clients to create remarkable buildings, both new build and restoration or re-use.
“Well done to all the practices and clients involved in getting this far – I wish you all the best for the next stage of judging.”
All shortlisted buildings will be assessed by a regional jury during April, with the winning buildings announced at the RIBA East Awards celebration dinner on Thursday May 24.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 7 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 8 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
Regional Award winners will then go on to be considered for a RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence.