Fifth Man Charged Over Haddenham Cannabis Haul
A MAN is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court today (Thursday) charged a conspiracy to produce cannabis after police discovered more than 7,500 plants at a barn in Haddenham.
A MAN is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court on Thursday charged a conspiracy to produce cannabis after police discovered more than 7,500 plants at a barn in Haddenham.
Forty-year-old Kevin Hart, of Elm Close in Huntingdon, will appear before a judge in Cambridge charged in connection with the �2.5 million cannabis haul discovered by officers following a raid in the village in July.
Hart did not enter a plea to a charge of conspiracy to produce cannabis when he appeared before magistrates in Cambridge earlier this week. He was remanded in custody ahead of his appearance at Crown court.
The 40-year-old is the fifth man to be charged in connection to the haul, which officers estimated could have been worth �10 million if allowed to reach full maturity. A sixth man was released on bail by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Kyle Green, 24, of Primrose Lane, Huntingdon; Craig Green, 29, of Primrose Lane, Huntingdon and Michael Orchard, 40, of Orchard Close, Warboys, were all charged with conspiracy to produce a class B drug.
Marcus Burton, 44, of Montfort Way, Cambridge, was charged by police with producing cannabis.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
A 40-year-old man was bailed by police to appear at Parkside police station, Cambridge in September.