Festive fundraising at Premier Travel to raise money for Arthur Rank Hospice Charity
- Credit: Archant
Premier Travel in Ely is hoping to beat last year’s £12,000 fundraising total for Arthur Rank Hospice Charity - which was raised from just a £50 Accumulator Challenge float - with a wine and mince pies event, as well as a raffle to win a Christmas hamper.
The challenge encourages local businesses in the area to raise as much money for the cause as possible over a three month period, using fun and innovative ideas.
This year the branch will be putting their £50 float towards festive goodies including luxury mince pies and chocolates, bottles of wine, Baileys and a Christmas pudding to create the top prize – a luxury Christmas hamper.
Raffle tickets will be available to purchase from Premier Travel’s Ely branch and a winner will be announced on December 12, in conjunction with a wine and mince pie event, held from 10am-2pm in store.
Sue Steel, branch manager, said: “We are keen to support the Arthur Rank Hospice in any way we can as this great cause helps many people in our area.
You may also want to watch:
“We are asking all of our friends, family, customers and the local community to help us reach our goal and support this worthy cause, and would love for as many people as possible to join in with the festivities and have a chance to win this brilliant prize.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines