Festive fun in Ely at St John’s School Christmas fair
- Credit: Archant
A jam packed festive fair raised £3,000 for an Ely School.
The money will be used to buy special playground activities which will be painted onto the floor in thermal paint as well as computer tablets for children.
Vice co chairman of Friends, Sam Prigg, said: “Everyone works really hard on the committee so that it is a real success for fund raising.
“Everybody has a fantastic time, a big thanks to everybody involved and all those who turned out to make it such a success.”
The fair kicked off with the screening of a Christmas film, which this year was Arthur Christmas, a visit from Santa and a host of games like hook a duck, hoop on a bottle, face painting, children’s crafts, biscuit decorating, a Christmas pudding stall and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
The event was sponsored by estate agents Pocock and Shaw.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home