Festival’s floral delights
FLOWER arrangers from across East Cambridgeshire took part in a flower festival at St John s Methodist Church in Littleport over the weekend. More than £2,000 was raised for church funds at the festival, a joint event between the St John s and Soham Meth
FLOWER arrangers from across East Cambridgeshire took part in a flower festival at St John's Methodist Church in Littleport over the weekend.
More than £2,000 was raised for church funds at the festival, a joint event between the St John's and Soham Methodist Church.
Pam Sole, who organised the event, along with Hazel Palmer, said: "It was a most enjoyable weekend for all and the camaraderie was very good.
"We had a total of 35 arrangements from 30 arrangers from various flower clubs and it really was a joint effort."
You may also want to watch:
She said the weekend also included two coffee mornings on Saturday and Monday, and refreshments provided by the church's catering committee.
Children from the church's regular Sunday school also took part.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
There was also a visit from former preacher rev Malcolm MacArthur, who was visiting from Australia with his wife.
"We'd like to thank everybody who took part and visited us - it really was very good," Mrs Sole said.
The money raised will go to church funds.