Festival’s floral delights
FLOWER arrangers from across East Cambridgeshire took part in a flower festival at St John s Methodist Church in Littleport over the weekend. More than £2,000 was raised for church funds at the festival, a joint event between the St John s and Soham Meth
FLOWER arrangers from across East Cambridgeshire took part in a flower festival at St John's Methodist Church in Littleport over the weekend.
More than £2,000 was raised for church funds at the festival, a joint event between the St John's and Soham Methodist Church.
Pam Sole, who organised the event, along with Hazel Palmer, said: "It was a most enjoyable weekend for all and the camaraderie was very good.
"We had a total of 35 arrangements from 30 arrangers from various flower clubs and it really was a joint effort."
She said the weekend also included two coffee mornings on Saturday and Monday, and refreshments provided by the church's catering committee.
Children from the church's regular Sunday school also took part.
- 1 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 2 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 3 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 4 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 5 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 6 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 7 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 8 County Day hopes to shine light on young farmers of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
There was also a visit from former preacher rev Malcolm MacArthur, who was visiting from Australia with his wife.
"We'd like to thank everybody who took part and visited us - it really was very good," Mrs Sole said.
The money raised will go to church funds.