Festival kicks off with Blues Brothers
THE Haddenham Autumn Festival is offering a varied entertainment programme during November and the event gets underway on Saturday. We have been working very hard in Haddenham to bring together some events to lighten up autumn evenings, said John Shippe
THE Haddenham Autumn Festival is offering a varied entertainment programme during November and the event gets underway on Saturday.
"We have been working very hard in Haddenham to bring together some events to lighten up autumn evenings," said John Shippey, of the Haddenham Autumn Theatre Group.
Assisted by Arts in Cambs on Tour and Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire, the Haddenham group aims to bring top quality productions right to the doorstep of local residents.
The first event is a showing of The Blue Brothers, a comedy film starring John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd. There will be a bar as well as hot dogs.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Tickets cost £5 from Haddenham Galleries on 01353 740909. The venue is Arkenstall Village Centre in Station Road. On-site parking is free. The film starts at 8pm.
The next event, on Thursday, November 9, features a dance company, Trans-Mission - State of Emergency, which has choreographers fusing jazz and contemporary dance with their African heritage, according to the programme. Tickets cost £6.50, £2 (under sixteens) or £5.50 (concessions) also from Haddenham Galleries. The venue is Arkenstall.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'