FENLAND: Grants totalling �4million now available for farmers to market their produce
FARMERS across Fenland can now apply for grants totalling �4million, to support the processing and marketing of farm produce. The grants are available under the Fens Adventurers Rural Development Programme, which aims to support business development, impr
FARMERS across Fenland can now apply for grants totalling �4million, to support the processing and marketing of farm produce.
The grants are available under the Fens Adventurers Rural Development Programme, which aims to support business development, improve skills and create new jobs.
Farmers looking to diversify their business, or looking to work with others to add value to their produce, are also invited to apply.
The programme runs to December 2013 and is being administered by Cambridgeshire ACRE, on behalf of the largely private sector Local Action Group.
You may also want to watch:
The �4million was awarded earlier this year to the programme by the East of England Development Agency.
Mike Carter, the Fens Adventurers Programme Manager, said: "The programme seeks to support business development which can sustain or create new job opportunities which are much needed in the current economic climate.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 9 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
"The objective is to generate wide economic benefits, and collaborative approaches are encouraged where there are good reasons for doing so."
For more information contact Mike Carter, RDPE Programme Manager, on 01353 865047 or email email@example.com.