Fen poet inviting submissions for new writers’ magazine
- Credit: Archant
The newly crowned Fenland poet laureate has launched a new magazine aimed at writers in East Anglia.
Jonathan Totman, from Ely, has joined forces with writer Mary Livingstone on the Fenland Reed, a twice-yearly magazine which will carry a selection of poems and short stories from writers across the East.
Mr Totman said: “We intend to create a magazine which is widely available and visible within the community, providing a space for local writers to share their work. “It will be produced to a high standard and each issue will feature cover art by local artists.”
Mr Totman was appointed this year’s Fenland poet laureate after his submission, Wicken Fen, was selected by the judges as the stand out entry.
As laureate, he will write poetry for local events and raise the profile of literary and creative writing throughout the Fens over the next 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
The duo are inviting submissions for the first issue of the magazine, due for publication in the autumn. Visit www.thefenlandreed.co.uk for more information and details of how to submit. Any queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry