‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- Credit: @FenCops
Police “dealt with” more than 25 untaxed vehicles in just one day following a day of action targeting illegal motorists across the county.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s Rural Crime Action Team were “out in force” on Thursday, June 10, stopping more than 40 drivers at the roadside.
Throughout the day, officers stopped 27 untaxed vehicles, issued four traffic offence reports, issued 22 prohibitions for unsafe vehicles, dipped 29 fuel tanks and checked 16 waste licences.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Our dedicated Rural Crime Action Team were out in force alongside partner agencies for a day of action.
“They were targeting illegal road users across in our neighbourhoods, it was a shift well spent.”
You may also want to watch:
One resident said: “Well done, we feel much safer on the roads, knowing you are doing such a good job.”
Another added: “Good effort, keep up the fantastic work keeping our roads safe.”
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 9 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 10 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city