Feeling fed up - in more ways than one
MUM-of-two Sharon Heaps joined Slimming World in January 1997. She was feeling fed up and admits she had gained weight after having two children. I was fed up with the weight gained and my brother was getting married in May of that year and the idea of
MUM-of-two Sharon Heaps joined Slimming World in January 1997. She was feeling fed up and admits she had gained weight after having two children.
"I was fed up with the weight gained and my brother was getting married in May of that year and the idea of being in his wedding photos horrified me. I decided to take some action and joined Slimming World.
"I took my mum along for support and we have both never looked back."
They each lost two and a half stone and felt fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
After her success, Sharon wanted to tell everyone how easy it was to lose weight with the support of a group like Slimming World. She says her only regret was not finding Slimming World years before.
In August 1997, Sharon became a Slimming World consultant in Littleport, taking over a group of 16 members. Ten years later she now has an average of 75-80 every Tuesday evening. Classes are at 9.30am, 6pm and 7.30pm and are held at the Littleport Leisure Centre.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
In February 1998 she took over the Burwell group, now held in Swaffham Prior Village Hall every Thursday at 5.30pm and 7pm, with 70-75 members each week.
Sharon explained: "With the Slimming World food optimising system we put you in control of what you eat. You do not have to change your lifestyle and can choose what works for you by having green or original days based on potato, pasta and rice or meat fish and poultry. You can plan options around family and social life and can even have 'sins' during the week like a glass of wine, Chinese take-away or gravy on your Sunday roast."
Sharon says the Slimming World ethos is all about re-educating attitudes to eating.
"It is not an overnight fix, or short term diet, but a life-time change. This is important not only for how you feel about yourself, but your health. The support of the consultant and the group is important for each step of the way to a new and healthier you."
INFO: Contact Sharon on 01353 861499 or visit the Slimming World Website on www.slimmingworld.com