Feast Week has plenty for all tastes
PREPARATIONS for Sutton s Feast Week are well under way, and its organisers hope to involve people of all ages. The programme is taking shape from tomorrow until July 2, with familiar events like the duck race, the Feast Beast multi-terrain race and the B
PREPARATIONS for Sutton's Feast Week are well under way, and its organisers hope to involve people of all ages.
The programme is taking shape from tomorrow until July 2, with familiar events like the duck race, the Feast Beast multi-terrain race and the Baby Beast.
Some of last year's new events will make a welcome return, including Scalextric nights and the strongman competition, plus new events such as the 'feast bingo' - to raise funds for Milton Hospice, teddy bear's picnic, and a cycle treasure hunt.
Jean Harnwell, chairman of Sutton Parish Council, praised the dedication of the event's organisers. "The event always works well, and it really pulls everyone together," she said.
St Andrew's Church has chosen to hold its flower festival on Saturday and Sunday, marking the start of the Feast Week.
The highlight of the week will be the Party in the Park July 1. Live bands will be followed by fireworks.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
The musical entertainment will continue with 'The Last Night of the Proms' at St Andrew's Church.
INFO: Entrance arrangements for this year's Party in the Park have been changed, and entry will be by ticket only. Tickets, priced £3 for adults and £1 for children, must be purchased in advance using a form available in a programme delivered by organisers.