It’s a jolly Christmas at Ely’s Sessions House as Father Christmas visits
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas brought festive cheer to children who visited him at Sessions House in Ely this weekend.
The much-loved main man of the season joined the Ely Museum team at the venue this year while the Old Gaol is closed for redevelopment.
Children were able to take part in Christmas crafts while parents could enjoy a warm drink and mince pie.
Elie Hughes, curator at Ely Museum, said: "We were really excited to welcome Father Christmas to Ely Sessions House this year.
"Our traditional Father Christmas loved meeting all the good boys and girls in Ely to hear what was on their wish lists."
Children shared their wish list while Father Christmas made sure he put a tick besides their name on the nice list too.
The City Cycle Centre and The MHH Partnership sponsored the grotto.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 3 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 4 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 PROFILE: Steve Barclay – MP for NE Cambs and front man for Boris Johnson
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
Ely Museum closed its doors for redevelopment on September 1 and is set to reopen next winter.