It’s a jolly Christmas at Ely’s Sessions House as Father Christmas visits
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas brought festive cheer to children who visited him at Sessions House in Ely this weekend.
The much-loved main man of the season joined the Ely Museum team at the venue this year while the Old Gaol is closed for redevelopment.
Children were able to take part in Christmas crafts while parents could enjoy a warm drink and mince pie.
Elie Hughes, curator at Ely Museum, said: "We were really excited to welcome Father Christmas to Ely Sessions House this year.
"Our traditional Father Christmas loved meeting all the good boys and girls in Ely to hear what was on their wish lists."
You may also want to watch:
Children shared their wish list while Father Christmas made sure he put a tick besides their name on the nice list too.
The City Cycle Centre and The MHH Partnership sponsored the grotto.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
Ely Museum closed its doors for redevelopment on September 1 and is set to reopen next winter.