Father Christmas delivers a boost for charity with tour of city
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Clubs of Ely – with a little help from Father Christmas - raised more than £6,000 for charity on their annual tour of Ely.
The Rotary Club volunteers were joined by members of the Inner Wheel Club of Ely and local charity Pos+ability as they led Santa on an 11-night tour of the streets of Ely in the build-up to Christmas.
The annual event has been running for more than 10 years and raised more than £6,000 this time around.
A spokesman for the Rotary Clubs said: “The people of Ely and those visiting on Saturdays, are to be thanked for being very cheerful this Christmas and for their generosity during the Christmas collection.
“The clubs would also like to thank Geoff Glover Van Sales and Hire for providing a suitable vehicle to tow the sleigh and Father Christmas around the streets of Ely over 11 nights.
You may also want to watch:
“1st Call Hire& Sales and The Dock also generously provided a generator to power the lighting and music. Without their support we would not have managed to reach so many people.”
For more information on Rotary, or to contact them if you are a charity looking for financial support, visit www.elyrotary.co.uk or www. rotaryclubely-hereward.org
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 3 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 4 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 5 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 10 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash