Father and son join forces to write children’s book
- Credit: Archant
A FATHER and son from Soham have joined forces to write and illustrate a children’s book.
Tony Perry, 67, wrote “Bimpy” while his son Mark, 44, took care of the illustrations.
It is their first attempt at collaborating on a project.
Bimpy is a mischievous woodland elf who is summoned before the Elf King because of the tricks he’s played on others. Every time he plays a trick he gets a green spot on his hat, which disappears when he does a good deed.
The King loses patience with Bimpy and banishes him from the woodland village, stating he can only return when he has removed all the green spots from his hat.
You may also want to watch:
Mark, 44, who works in the horse racing industry as an exercise rider, said: “The book is about Bimpy’s many adventures. It’s a morality tale.
“When children read it, they will find bits about bullying and stealing. It’s a good versus evil story.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
His father, Tony, also worked in racing but has retired and now lives in Dorset.
Mark says a lot of their correspondence about the book was done through the computer.
He said: “He told me where he had got up to in the story and I would devise little sketches. He would then let me know if he liked them and there was a to and fro until we came up with something we were both happy with.”
Tony is already working on a sequel, so Bimpy’s adventures look like they are just beginning.
The book costs £4.95 and can be purchased from Ebay . It will soon be available in local shops.
Personalized signed copies are available from Mark. You can get hold of one by e-mailing email@example.com