Man dies following serious crash on A10 at Waterbeach between HGV and bin lorry
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s has died in hospital following a serious crash between two lorries on the A10 in east Cambridgeshire last week.
The man was rushed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital on Thursday, May 14 after a HGV and east Cambs council bin lorry collided in Waterbeach.
All three emergency services – including the air ambulance – were on scene, with the bin lorry in a nearby field, at around 10.30am.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “A man has died following a collision on the A10 near Waterbeach last week.
“The collision resulted in one of the vehicles leaving the road and the other blocking the carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
“Emergency services attended and a man in his 50s was taken to Addenbrooke’s hospital, but died this morning (20 May) as a result of his injuries.”
Anyone who witnessed the vehicles driving prior to the collision, or who has dashcam footage of the collision, is asked to call 101, quoting incident 93 of May 14.
Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages