Fast track for road safety
PLANS to improve East Cambridgeshire s roads are being put into action ahead of schedule after three accidents occurred at one junction. West Fen Road junction with the A10 is unlit and unmarked, and following substantial house building in the area, more
PLANS to improve East Cambridgeshire's roads are being put into action ahead of schedule after three accidents occurred at one junction.
West Fen Road junction with the A10 is unlit and unmarked, and following substantial house building in the area, more residents are using the road. Subject to county council approval, the scheme will begin in April.
Cllr Brian Hayes, chairman of the East Cambridgeshire Traffic Management Area Joint Committee, said: "It is vitally important that we do all we can to make our roads safer for all road users. Unfortunately we cannot tackle all of the areas where people have told us there are problems but we do aim to tackle the sites where people are getting hurt."
Six road safety schemes have already been approved for East Cambridgeshire and are set to start in April. Sutton is to get a 20mph speed limit during school time and Burwell is to have a new parking regime on the Causeway and North Street which encourages those using the shops in the area to make use of the car park behind the co op.
You may also want to watch:
Fordham has been rewarded with traffic management measures on the Sharmans Road to help pedestrians, particularly elderly people, cross to get to the bus stop.
Burrough Green, Dullingham and Swaffham Prior have also been given the go-ahead for road safety schemes.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph