Fast track drama group formed
A NEW drama group has been launched in Soham. Following on from the success of the Viva Arts and Community Group and Viva Youth Theatre, Viva has set up an amateur theatre company aimed at adults. The group will concentrate on producing well-known plays
A NEW drama group has been launched in Soham.
Following on from the success of the Viva Arts and Community Group and Viva Youth Theatre, Viva has set up an amateur theatre company aimed at adults.
The group will concentrate on producing well-known plays by established authors to a high standard and plans to bring in professional directors to work with members.
Viva's artistic director Dan Schumann, said: "As Soham has no adult drama group now, Viva felt it was important to try to fill this gap in the community.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope to operate a friendly, open door policy and work to a high standard while making the group no hassle and fun. We want to take a new approach to amateur drama by limiting the time commitment and doing shows in a fast track style so that adults with busy working or family lives can still take part and fit it all in."
The new group, to be called Viva Theatre Company, will hold a small number of intensive rehearsals in the evenings and will be auditioning for its first play soon.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
INFO: Mr Schumann would like to hear from anyone interested in getting involved, both acting and backstage work. Call Dan on 07974 303 464 or email: email@example.com