Fashion forward designs by King’s Ely students go on display at Alexandra Palace exhibition in London
- Credit: Archant
Designs by some of the most gifted and talented fashion students at King’s Ely Sixth Form will be exhibited at Alexandra Palace in London next month.
For the fourth year running, the school has been invited to exhibit A Level Fashion Design at the Knitting and Stitching Show – a national event for anyone with a love of textile design.
Alison Rhodes, head of art at King’s Ely Senior, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase the innovative work our students are producing and to gain valuable feedback from the media, the public, artists and designers and students and governors from other independent schools.”
King’s Ely’s fashion students include shoe designer and Vogue writer Rupert Sanderson – whose shoes are worn by film stars and celebrities including Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Moss, Cheryl Cole and Samantha Cameron.
The exhibition runs from Tuesday 6 until Sunday 11 October and is open from 10am until 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
The King’s Ely stand will be located in the West Hall.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound