Farm shop near Witchford is raided by burglars
- Credit: Archant
Burglars broke into a farm shop and took a van, fruit and vegetables and equestrian equipment.
Officers are appealing for information following the burglary near Witchford where stock was stolen from the local business.
Between 5.30pm yesterday (Monday November 14) and 5.30am today (Tuesday 15) unknown offenders forced their way into Scott’s Farm Shop in Sutton Road, close to the A142.
Items stolen included a white transit van, registration WM52LBU, a large quantity of fruit and vegetables, equestrian equipment and tack.
The offenders left behind a small green wooden trailer.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Simon Rampley said: “This burglary has had a significant impact on the business and local community. In addition to stealing items from the shop the offenders caused considerable damage to the building and other stock items inside.
“I’d urge anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area last night or who has been offered the items listed to contact us as soon as possible.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact police on 101, call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or visit https://crimestoppers-uk.org/