Fantastic floral displays gain the plaudits at City of Ely Flower Club’s annual show
- Credit: Archant
City of Ely Flower Club showcased their finest floral displays at their annual show.
The show, which exhibited colourful displays in four different classes was followed by a speech from member of the Parkinson’s UK Ely Support group, Marie Twinn.
Ms Twinn explained to members how the group was set up and how it has helped those suffering with the condition. She was later presented with a cheque for £250 which has been raised throughout the year by the club.
City of Ely Flower Club member, Margaret Dooling, said the event was enjoyed by all.
She said: “It was wonderful to see the hall full of sensational displays. Again the standard was very high in the novice and advanced classes which made it very difficult for members and visitors to choose which one to vote for.”
You may also want to watch:
The club’s next meeting is on Thursday September 8, where Wisbech-based demonstrator Tim Meakin will explore the theme of ‘autumn splendour.’
The meeting will be held at 7.15pm at Needhams Hall, Ely College, and it will cost £2 for members and £5 for visitors.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress