Fancy pitching at the third Ely SOUP? Here’s your chance
- Credit: Archant
Ely SOUP is looking for people from the local area to pitch their projects and ideas at their third event.
“There are no limits to what your project can be,” say organisers.
“From an artistic venture to a business idea or simply anything that helps the local community, ideas can also be for individual, group, or community benefit.”
At the last SOUP, Cambridgeshire Invisible Illnesses secured £260 to help support their ongoing work in Ely.
Their founder, Hayley Mason, said: “SOUP is a great concept. The food was delicious and the event led to lots of networking.
“I couldn’t believe it when I was awarded the door takings either“.
Ely SOUP is open to people of any age, including children.
- 1 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 2 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 3 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 7 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 9 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 10 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
“Ideas should be well thought-out and you should be happy to talk about it for up to about 10 minutes, which includes answering up to four questions from the audience,” add organisers.
“So, if you have an idea you want to submit or just want to come along and be part of the audience, you can find all you need at www.elysoup.com”
The deadline for potential pitches is September 30 and the next SOUP takes place on October 12 at 7pm in the Market Street Brasserie.