A woman is raising money to buy fans for a hospital ward after staff saved her life when she suffered heart failure. Monica Crane, from Sutton, wants to buy fans for every room of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. She noticed that conditions could be
A woman is raising money to buy fans for a hospital ward after staff saved her life when she suffered heart failure.
Monica Crane, from Sutton, wants to buy fans for every room of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
She noticed that conditions could be stifling for patients and workers during her stay at the hospital.
Mrs Crane is now raising the £1,000 needed to buy the fans by organising bingo evenings. She has also received donations from the community.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I've been treated at the hospital 18 times, and I want to help the staff in any way I can. I'm going to raise the money to buy footstools next.
"I want to encourage people to think of others, and to help their community."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
# The next bingo evening will be held on June 15 at Sutton British Legion. The event opens at 7pm, and the games begin at 8pm.
Mrs Crane has hinted that a "special guest" will open the event.
She is pictured at the front, handing over some of the fans, with, back row, left to right: Diana Clarke, Shirley Ross, Alan Crane, Lorraine Westerman and Jog Sison.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE