A woman is raising money to buy fans for a hospital ward after staff saved her life when she suffered heart failure. Monica Crane, from Sutton, wants to buy fans for every room of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon. She noticed that conditions could be
A woman is raising money to buy fans for a hospital ward after staff saved her life when she suffered heart failure.
Monica Crane, from Sutton, wants to buy fans for every room of Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
She noticed that conditions could be stifling for patients and workers during her stay at the hospital.
Mrs Crane is now raising the £1,000 needed to buy the fans by organising bingo evenings. She has also received donations from the community.
She said: "I've been treated at the hospital 18 times, and I want to help the staff in any way I can. I'm going to raise the money to buy footstools next.
"I want to encourage people to think of others, and to help their community."
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
# The next bingo evening will be held on June 15 at Sutton British Legion. The event opens at 7pm, and the games begin at 8pm.
Mrs Crane has hinted that a "special guest" will open the event.
She is pictured at the front, handing over some of the fans, with, back row, left to right: Diana Clarke, Shirley Ross, Alan Crane, Lorraine Westerman and Jog Sison.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE