Famous textile artist Diane Bates comes to King’s Ely for embroidery workshop
- Credit: Archant
Art students at King’s Ely sixth form were treated to a workshop exploring sculptural embroidery techniques.
The workshop was delivered by internationally acclaimed textile artist, Diane Bates.
Renowned for her intricate, three-dimensional embroidery and costume design, she helped students to produce embroidered samples.
Alison Rhodes, director of Art, said: “Diane has a wealth of knowledge and inspiration to share.
“She is one of the contacts that we were fortunate to make when exhibiting at Alexandra Palace in October.
You may also want to watch:
“This was an invaluable opportunity and one that our students explored fully.”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'