Famous film faces cover Witchford as part of scarecrow contest
- Credit: Archant
Pinocchio, Minnie Mouse, Cruella DeVille and Sully from Monster’s Inc were just a handful of famous movie characters created as part of an annual scarecrow competition in Witchford.
The winner, with 65 per cent of the votes, was 5 Victoria Green’s scarecrow of Carl Fredericksen from Disney’s ‘UP’.
Second place went to 3 Clover End’s Linguini and Remy from Ratatouille whilst 29 Ward Way’s Broom from ‘Fantasia’ and 186 Main Street’s Cruella DeVille and 101 Dalmatians came joint third.
Shelley Davies, of Witchford Post Office, said: “Thank you for an amazing event, without all the scarecrows it wouldn’t happen. Many of you put hours and hours of effort into them (2 Sutton Road) and in their own way they are all winners to me.
“General feedback was that you loved it, and it was so nice to read some personal comments on the returned hunt sheets, so thank you.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you for all the suggestions for next year’s theme, too. I had lots which is really helpful. The most suggested were historical figures, Christmas, board games and the 80’s.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review