Family’s strawberry tea event raises more than £800 for Breast Cancer Care
- Credit: Archant
An Ely family has raised more than £800 for Breast Cancer Care by holding a strawberry tea event - doubling the amount they raised last year.
Catherine and Michael Richer held the charity event over the weekend and welcomed people to their garden on Sunday to enjoy the hot weather, some cake, strawberries, pimms and a raffle.
The couple’s daughter, Michelle Black, said: “I’ve just currently undergone my second risk reducing mastectomy since my diagnosis back in 2013.
“I am grateful to everyone for their support with helping us to raise such a great amount for this charity.
“If someone was to read this in the paper and go away and check their breasts, no matter how old they are, then I feel as though this story might do some good and save someone’s life.”
You may also want to watch:
Michelle’s son Joshua was in charge of ‘hook a duck’ during the day.
Local businesses donated raffle prizes along with friends and family; the first prize was a family tree supplied by Knox Family Histories (www.knoxfamilyhistories.co.ukgallery.html)
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town