Family photos lost in house burglary
A MAN whose house was ransacked by burglars has appealed for the return of a hard disc containing cherished family photos. Ely man Neil McKnish believes thieves burgled his Pilgrims Way home between 5am and 6am on Saturday while he, his wife and his three
A MAN whose house was ransacked by burglars has appealed for the return of a hard disc containing cherished family photos.
Ely man Neil McKnish believes thieves burgled his Pilgrims Way home between 5am and 6am on Saturday while he, his wife and his three-year-old daughter were sleeping upstairs.
Burglars took advantage of dramatic weather to empty the ground floor of dozens of the family's possessions, including phones, wallets, car keys and a digital camera.
"I heard some sounds, but it was a very windy night and I put it down to the weather," Mr McKnish said.
"The most important thing they stole was a small external hard disc - it is of real sentimental value to my wife and I and I'm prepared to offer a reward to get it back."
The hard disc contains irreplaceable photos and home movies of the couple's daughter Ella that have been taken throughout her life.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
"I'd be very surprised if I see it again, but I'd appeal to the conscience of whoever has it to give it back," Mr McKnish said.
Police have said there was an attempted burglary in St Catherine's Street, Ely, during the same morning. There was also a burglary during the early hours of the previous morning at Tennyson Place, Ely.
INFO: The hard disc can be returned anonymously at the Ely Standard office at 38 Market Street, Ely, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Cambridgeshire police can be contacted on 0845 456 456 4.