King’s Ely Junior pupils wow families with production of Seussical the Musical
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people filled the Hayward Theatre at King’s Ely to watch junior students perform family-favourite musical Seussical.
Pupils in Years 5 to 8 starred in the all singing, all dancing show, which was directed by Nick Huntington, with musical direction by Neil Porter-Thaw and choreography by Natasha Hobbs.
Mr Huntington, director of drama and theatre at King’s Ely, said: “The standing ovations at the end of each performance showed just how much people were wowed.
“This show was a lot of work with over 40 students in the cast, over 80 in the crew and well over 100 hours of rehearsal time.
“Seussical is one of the most loved and performed school/college shows in America, and you can understand why.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s totally feel good stuff, comprising of zany characters and catchy Broadway music.
“Our very talented cast and crew just happened to pull off one of the most ambitious productions to date with such brilliance and professionalism. I could not be prouder of them.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
The sold-out Dr. Seuss inspired production was performed on March 9 and 10.