King’s Ely Junior pupils wow families with production of Seussical the Musical
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people filled the Hayward Theatre at King’s Ely to watch junior students perform family-favourite musical Seussical.
Pupils in Years 5 to 8 starred in the all singing, all dancing show, which was directed by Nick Huntington, with musical direction by Neil Porter-Thaw and choreography by Natasha Hobbs.
Mr Huntington, director of drama and theatre at King’s Ely, said: “The standing ovations at the end of each performance showed just how much people were wowed.
“This show was a lot of work with over 40 students in the cast, over 80 in the crew and well over 100 hours of rehearsal time.
“Seussical is one of the most loved and performed school/college shows in America, and you can understand why.
“It’s totally feel good stuff, comprising of zany characters and catchy Broadway music.
“Our very talented cast and crew just happened to pull off one of the most ambitious productions to date with such brilliance and professionalism. I could not be prouder of them.”
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 9 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 10 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
The sold-out Dr. Seuss inspired production was performed on March 9 and 10.