King’s Ely Junior pupils wow families with production of Seussical the Musical
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people filled the Hayward Theatre at King’s Ely to watch junior students perform family-favourite musical Seussical.
Pupils in Years 5 to 8 starred in the all singing, all dancing show, which was directed by Nick Huntington, with musical direction by Neil Porter-Thaw and choreography by Natasha Hobbs.
Mr Huntington, director of drama and theatre at King’s Ely, said: “The standing ovations at the end of each performance showed just how much people were wowed.
“This show was a lot of work with over 40 students in the cast, over 80 in the crew and well over 100 hours of rehearsal time.
“Seussical is one of the most loved and performed school/college shows in America, and you can understand why.
“It’s totally feel good stuff, comprising of zany characters and catchy Broadway music.
“Our very talented cast and crew just happened to pull off one of the most ambitious productions to date with such brilliance and professionalism. I could not be prouder of them.”
- 1 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 4 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 7 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 8 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
The sold-out Dr. Seuss inspired production was performed on March 9 and 10.