Family Learning week listings
FAMILY learning week has been organised to encourage families to learn together and will take place in schools, libraries, colleges, sports centre and museums across the county. Last year 5000 people attended more than 200 activities across Cambridgeshi
FAMILY learning week has been organised to encourage families to learn together and will take place in schools, libraries, colleges, sports centre and museums across the county.
Last year 5000 people attended more than 200 activities across Cambridgeshire and over the years it has inspired adults to continue their own learning afterwards by joining clubs and classes. As a result, they are better able to help their children with their school work as well as improving their own skills and knowledge.
Family Learning Week 2006 will be hosted at the following venues and dates:
You may also want to watch:
Ely Library, The Cloisters, Ely
Story making workshops with writer Jenny O'Brian.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Book at the Library.
Sunday, October, 15. 2pm - 3.30pm
Fun Day Picture Quiz.
Saturday, October 7. 9.30am - 4pm
Ely Museum, Market Street, Ely
Hands on Toys.
Tuesday, October 24. 2pm - 4pm
For children aged 6 - 11.
Wednesday, October 25. 1pm - 4pm
For children aged 11 - 16
Make a Moving Toy.
Thursday, October 26. 2pm - 4pm
For children aged 8 - 14
*There will be a small charge to include admission to the museum
Ely St. John's Primary School, St. John's Road, Ely
Family Day, including Recycling bus, face painting, fire brigade, Cambridge United F.C, Circus skills and much more.
For families of children attending St. John's School.
Saturday, October 14. 10am - 2pm
The Green Box, Witchford Village College, Manor Road, Witchford.
Activity Day, for families of students attending this education alternative unit.
Thursday, October, 12. 10am - 3pm