Family health hub is given the thumbs up for Ely city centre
- Credit: Archant
A gym for all the family, including a virtual reality spin studio, has been given the go ahead for the city centre.
Health hub, Elyte Fitness, is opening in the former offices of Price Bailey in Broad Street.
Dawn Lamb, a mum of four, has been a fitness instructor for 26 years and already runs bootcamps and a range of classes including cross fit, body sculpt, boxing, pilates and personal training.
She will be running the centre with her husband Lewis.
Dawn said: “There will be a gymnasium, HIIT training, cross fit, aerobic studio, and the first in the area to be launching Spivi, an interactive virtual reality dedicated spin studio.
“There will be boot camps and kids active boot camps.
“We are passionate about bringing functional fitness training to every session.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 9 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
“We are also thinking of the younger generation - kids active boot camps have been a massive success.
“We aim to cater for all ages and abilities, from beginners to sports specific and elite level members.”
The complete package will also include a sports nurse and nutritional advice.
It was given planning approval by East Cambs District Council.