Family health hub is given the thumbs up for Ely city centre
- Credit: Archant
A gym for all the family, including a virtual reality spin studio, has been given the go ahead for the city centre.
Health hub, Elyte Fitness, is opening in the former offices of Price Bailey in Broad Street.
Dawn Lamb, a mum of four, has been a fitness instructor for 26 years and already runs bootcamps and a range of classes including cross fit, body sculpt, boxing, pilates and personal training.
She will be running the centre with her husband Lewis.
Dawn said: “There will be a gymnasium, HIIT training, cross fit, aerobic studio, and the first in the area to be launching Spivi, an interactive virtual reality dedicated spin studio.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be boot camps and kids active boot camps.
“We are passionate about bringing functional fitness training to every session.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
“We are also thinking of the younger generation - kids active boot camps have been a massive success.
“We aim to cater for all ages and abilities, from beginners to sports specific and elite level members.”
The complete package will also include a sports nurse and nutritional advice.
It was given planning approval by East Cambs District Council.