Family fun day at Littleport Co-op will raise cash for YPL
THERE’S some cracking fun and games lined up at the Anglia Co-operative foodstore in Littleport, and all in a great cause.
The Wisbech Road store in staging a family fun day on Sunday June 17, raising funds for Young People Littleport (YPL) - a group providing educational and leisure opportunities for the community.
Visitors are welcome to go along to the event at the store between 11am and 3pm, where they can enjoy a boxing display, a dog handling demonstration, and live music.
Highlights for children will be a fancy dress competition, face painting, fairground rides, and taking a look around fire and police vehicles.
This is the second year that the store has staged a family fun day in aid of YPL. Last year’s fund raiser attracted hundreds of visitors, and raised more than �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Co-op manager Chris Wright said: “Our fun day last year was a huge success, and there will be even more attractions at this year’s event.
“We hope that a lot of people will come along and join in the fun, with every penny raised going to YPL.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail