Family fun day at Littleport Co-op will raise cash for YPL
THERE’S some cracking fun and games lined up at the Anglia Co-operative foodstore in Littleport, and all in a great cause.
The Wisbech Road store in staging a family fun day on Sunday June 17, raising funds for Young People Littleport (YPL) - a group providing educational and leisure opportunities for the community.
Visitors are welcome to go along to the event at the store between 11am and 3pm, where they can enjoy a boxing display, a dog handling demonstration, and live music.
Highlights for children will be a fancy dress competition, face painting, fairground rides, and taking a look around fire and police vehicles.
This is the second year that the store has staged a family fun day in aid of YPL. Last year’s fund raiser attracted hundreds of visitors, and raised more than �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Co-op manager Chris Wright said: “Our fun day last year was a huge success, and there will be even more attractions at this year’s event.
“We hope that a lot of people will come along and join in the fun, with every penny raised going to YPL.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council