Fallen down barriers cause path problems for Littleport residents
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Littleport have been forced to walk on a busy road after barriers placed near road works fell over, causing them to block the path.
The barriers have been placed on Station Road, to prevent walkers from using sections of the path that are currently being worked on.
However, a vast number of the large, plastic barriers have fallen down, causing them to block the majority of the path.
Residents have taken to social media to vent their frustration at the problem, posting on the ‘Littleport Notice Board’ group.
One said: “I find this absolutely disgraceful. My sister and I were walking to the shop with a baby in a buggy. We had to walk on the road to get round all of this.
You may also want to watch:
“Luckily, no cars were coming so we could actually get past and be on our way to the shops.
“I started to pick them up myself, but it isn’t my job to do that.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Another resident said: “It’s very bad. It’s been like this since I went on Monday (May 3). I picked up three but they were too heavy and I couldn’t do any more and I would have missed my train.
“I don’t know if it’s people who are drunk at night who have done it or bad weather but I hope it gets sorted out soon before someone gets hurt.”