Fake gun and drug found in car
AN imitation gun and some cannabis were found in Adam Webdell s car when police searched the vehicle. He had not been aware the weapon was in the car, he thought he had lost it, probation services officer Maxine Bailey told Ely magistrates. Last month a
AN imitation gun and some cannabis were found in Adam Webdell's car when police searched the vehicle.
"He had not been aware the weapon was in the car, he thought he had lost it," probation services officer Maxine Bailey told Ely magistrates.
Last month a 17-year-old youth admitted he owned the drugs found in Webdell's car, and he was intending to supply some of them to another person.
"The drugs belonged to his co-defendant and not to him. He has used cannabis in the past, but has not touched it since these offences" added Miss Bailey
You may also want to watch:
Webdell, 18, of Hillrow, Haddenham, admitted possessing an imitation firearm in the form of a BB handgun, and admitted being concerned in the making of an offer to supply cannabis in Ely on February 14.
Giving Webdell a community order with three months supervision and 80 hours of unpaid community work, presiding magistrate Dr Christine Shaw told him: "You were putting yourself in a very dangerous situation. We accept your evidence that you were not involved in the supply of drugs, but to put yourself in a position where you were considered a drug dealer was not sensible behaviour."
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The firearm and scales found in the car must be forfeited.