Man arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery following failed handbag thefts
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of robbery after members of the public chased away a man who tried to steal two women’s handbags.
The two incidents occurred on Wednesday,December 13 between 4.10pm and 4.20pm in Mill Street and St Andrews Street, Mildenhall.
On each occasion, a man made a failed attempt to steal handbags from a 17-year-old girl and a 62-year-old woman.
In both cases, members of the public intervened and the suspect ran away.
Police were called and arrived within a matter of minutes and a short while later arrested a 32-year-old man from the Mildenhall area on suspicion of robbery.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Any witnesses to either incident are asked to call to call Suffolk Police’s West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101, quoting reference 79285/17.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment