F15 Eagle from RAF Lakenheath crashes into the North Sea
- Credit: Archant
Aviation sources are reporting that an F-15 Eagle from RAF Lakenheath has crashed into the North Sea, east of Hull.
The F-15, call sign CHOSEN4, flew in a formation of four aircraft when things went wrong.
There is no information yet about the status of the crew.
A search and rescue helicopter and the coast guard have been scrambled.
Chosen is often used by F-15Cs from 493rd FS that is part of the 48th Fighter Wing, based at Lakenheath.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire