F15 Eagle from RAF Lakenheath crashes into the North Sea
- Credit: Archant
Aviation sources are reporting that an F-15 Eagle from RAF Lakenheath has crashed into the North Sea, east of Hull.
The F-15, call sign CHOSEN4, flew in a formation of four aircraft when things went wrong.
There is no information yet about the status of the crew.
A search and rescue helicopter and the coast guard have been scrambled.
Chosen is often used by F-15Cs from 493rd FS that is part of the 48th Fighter Wing, based at Lakenheath.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Popular Ely pub may never re-open
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed