F15 Eagle from RAF Lakenheath crashes into the North Sea
- Credit: Archant
Aviation sources are reporting that an F-15 Eagle from RAF Lakenheath has crashed into the North Sea, east of Hull.
The F-15, call sign CHOSEN4, flew in a formation of four aircraft when things went wrong.
There is no information yet about the status of the crew.
A search and rescue helicopter and the coast guard have been scrambled.
Chosen is often used by F-15Cs from 493rd FS that is part of the 48th Fighter Wing, based at Lakenheath.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 5 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 6 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 9 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 10 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops