Poignant moment at Ely Cathedral as the girls’ choir perform Mendelssohn’s setting of Psalm 121 not knowing when they can return
- Credit: Archant
A poignant moment from Ely Cathedral as the senior members of the girls’ choir choose to sing Mendelssohn’s wonderful setting of words from Psalm 121.
“We hope they provide some solace in these distressing times,” said their spokeswoman on social media.
“This is the last time that they will sing together for the foreseeable future.”
Meanwhile the cathedral has reminded residents that whilst they may not be able to welcome you to services inside at the moment “but we are still here for you”.
The cathedral will be live streaming their sung eucharist on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
They have also set up a ‘worship at home’ page on their website which has useful information including prayers resources, daily reflections, a support email, information about Ely Cathedral Community Support Group and more.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?