Rare Banksy pieces and ancient dinosaur skull on show at gallery
- Credit: EXTRAORDINARY OBJECTS CAMBRIDGE
A rare collection of pieces art made by Banksy are now on display at a new gallery in Cambridge.
Extraordinary Objects, which features sculptures, antiquities and natural history objects, has opened in Green Street.
From a 68-million-year-old dinosaur skull, to Banksy sculptures, the collection 'celebrates curiosity and adventure, displaying modern masterpieces alongside rare fossils and minerals'.
Extraordinary Objects was founded by artist Carla Nizzola, who has over a decade's experience in the art world.
The gallery was born out of Carla's life-long passion for collecting art, natural history, antiques and curiosities.
She said: "The gallery is, in essence, an extension of my own personal collection.
You may also want to watch:
"Watching people being blown away when they first see a piece in the collection is, for me, the best feeling.
"whether it’s a 4.5-billion-year-old meteorite, or one of Banksy’s latest works that catches their attention.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'